Thursday, December 31, 2009

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time

Whoooooooooo-hoooo lyrics? Time? Pink Floyd? That song kind of scares me because well.
Read them.
Here is a really long ramble I made. Yay?
It seems only yesterday that I was a young child with a passion for jazz-rock fusion…


Anyway.
It is the 31st of December, 2009. Last year I was at Katikati I believe it is called, with some of my friends. It was a spiffing time. The sun shone, we had nice food, and we found an awesome treehouse on the beach (although it was a little derelict.) It was generally really nice. I have good memories, helped along by a playlist I found on December 19th, a most excellent one at that. I listened to it frequently, so when I listen to the playlist I tend to recall memories from that time quite strongly. As well as new years, I listened to it through January when we (we being ma famille) went down to New Plymouth for a day or two. We had a motel/hotel place that was really nice, and I have fond memories of it, I’m not really sure why. (It was Shark Week, I believe.) We had a cool room and watched Mythbusters a lot for some reason. We went to a park where they had a sort of lights thing happening, and that was nice, we went to a nice Indian restaurant, I bought the hoodie that I have worn basically all the time, and it was just really nice. Then we went down a bit further to… somewhere, by a river, and we listened to Matinee Idle, and went to a little cafĂ© by the river where they were playing Led Zeppelin, and had some chips. Then we continued down to a little place where we stayed as we were going to go kayaking down a river for several hours. I recall listening to Black Holes and Revelations and Folie A Deux a lot at this time too. Anyway it was a funny little place, and the next day we headed off and went down the river. That was an interesting experience, very tiresome but enjoyable too.
Uh… I don’t know what my point was. Anyway, it was a good time, and that was at this time last year.
And now it’s the end of the year again and I am hella confused.
The general consensus across the entire planet seems to be that this year went impossibly fast. I am seriously bewildered. It just disappeared in a snap. There doesn’t seem to be any… continuance. It’s just a blur. It didn’t seem, in the middle of the year, to be going at any pace at all. It just went. And I seem to have very few strong memories. It’s like I’ve lost a whole year. I mean I haven’t of course, but it just vanished like that in a flash of days of school that repeated over and over. They say that time flies when you’re having fun of course, so I guess there’s that, as it was a pretty good year and I don’t really have any complaints. But it’s also kind of strange. I’m living in the present with little reminiscing over the past or musing over the future, and it’s just going, just slipping away with every second. What??
Do y’all agree with me that this year went really insanely fast?
I need someone to remind me of lots of good things and significant events that happened. It’s crazy. It hasn’t been a particularly busy or hectic year, but stuff just happened, flew along and disappeared to exist only in our memories, and my brain is having a hard time memorising this. It’s quite strange really. I don’t know what it is.
Help me out here people, what happened this year?
It’s going to be over in… 5 hours. And it seems significant. The last few years, it’s just been one of those things you celebrate, but it’s strange and different this time. A good year that just happened, it came and went like…a fart in the wind? I’m sorry that’s tangentially related to Muse and popped in to my head and wouldn’t leave. Please accept my condolences.
I found new things, read a lot of fandom secrets, saw events play out, became mildly addicted to V and got the train a lot.
Well now I feel it is time for creativity to flow like an angry river that’s just had some pleasant poetry recited to it, and to be all footloose and fancy-free.
…I just remembered that the tenth doctor dies in two days.
……………..=[
I want to have one of those holidays that isn’t wasted, I want to spend time with friends, play music in a band and pretend to be really cool, hang around at people’s houses and be all creative in the sunshine.

Anyway, as well as all that, I think there’s a lot of importance placed upon New Years, when in reality it’s nothing different. If you were feeling sad and nostalgic, you might think things such as “this is the last breath I’ll take in this year,” or “this is the last time I’ll eat food this year” or something odd like that. But really it doesn’t make a different, it’s not really a last, but because of the calendars we place significance on it. Maybe it’s to give purpose to things, to make the concept of time less abstract. I don’t really know, I’m just rambling, and then I will post this to my blog and it will be the last blog post of the year.

I got a new desk, and I cleaned my room, it looks lovely and maybe I will take a photo of it (not that any of you care.) Whenever I sort out a desk, I want to have the internet set up in my room. That way it feels proper and right. I feel that a desk is for having a computer which should have internet. Otherwise it tends to decay, I don’t use the desk and I end up just putting all my junk on it. But there are some things that have to be done in order for this to happen. I can’t just announce it to everyone. I would have to add an extra wire, and plug it in to a thingamajig, and then plug the internet in to my room. It would be best if this was not made too public or else everyone will get angry and try and steal it away from me. Blah. How come everyone else gets to have wireless? They wont want me to have internet in my room as I tend to become overzealous in my use of it… that is to say I never get off it and don’t do any of my actual work. Buuuuuuut I think it would be good for me to have the internet in my room again. It would make the internet less of a thing, perhaps? Maybe if I was allowed the internet all the time, I wouldn’t use it as much- okay I would still use it a lot, but it wouldn’t be a ~*~big deal~*~ and whatnot. Of course that won’t happen so I’ll just have to try negotiating a deal with mon pere to see if he wants to find a wire to plug it in and whatnot. Just to see what happens. Maybe… maybe I just want to be able to use the internet while sitting at a comfortable desk, instead of sitting on the cold hard concrete (with a thin layer of carpet covering it)?

And I want to add lots of things to my notebook; it’s this one I got with an orange cover. I want to write and add lots of things to it so it feels… homely? For now I just find it difficult to add things to it and I feel this would be improved if I added lots of pictures and made it all cluttered and full of stuff so that I would feel less self-conscious about writing in it. I don’t knowwwwwwwww.
And I want my friends to come back from all their glamorous holidays so we can have another band practice. I think I’ve already said this. Maybe. But I just think it would be fun, because we would sound like an actual band, now that I have an electric guitar with an amp and everything. They’ll be able to actually hear me!

It’s been a weird old time, hasn’t it? Anyway I’ll stop musing in a sad manner.

I don't even know what's going on in this post. But year 12 seems like a big number, as does 17. It's very jarring. But there's not much we can do about it.
Anyway.
Happy new years!!??

No comments: